Wednesday 27 May 2015

Expectations


Last day I was having a conversation with a friend where I was talking about expectations that I keep in any thing that I give. In between there came a question about what I expect from that person and my answer was "talk back when I talk". To that he responded it was simple and at first I also felt it as a very simple and easy to do thing.

But is it? Then later, when I thought more, I found it as a difficult one. Talking back includes our time, our attention, it needs us to listen to what the other person said, understand the other person and lot more. For that we need to prioritize who and what is important. All these forms the base of any good relation.

When someone talks to us, we first check whether that person is important to us. If so, then we listen to that person based on how much he/she is our priority. In the listening process, we get to know the person through various verbal and non-verbal expressions. Then we understand him slowly. We respond to various questions and statements.This requires us to give some time, that time which is a part of our life. And this is the part where many realtions fail.

Not having time to respond to and to understand the other person is always the reason for the failure of any relations. Hence "talking back", the most simplest expectation that I had, is never simple. It is the base and the heart of any relation. It may feel the most simplest one, but the toughest to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment