Wednesday 27 May 2015

THE PEOPLE IN THE STREET


I was already late to reach my office. Yet I decided to walk rather than taking an auto. May be my weight gain was one of the reason for this decision, yet somewhere I felt the need to see people. I spent one year of my life in a college which was isolated, hostel-college-canteen everything within the 4 sided fence which was situated apart somewhere lonely in NH. May be because of that, I had this need in me to see-hear people.

I walked from the bus station towards my office. There were auto people waiting eagerly for passengers. It was their daily bread, their life and their families need. All these made them come and ask people passing by whether they need to hire their auto. There were shops, which was busy with people buying some stuffs for them or for others. The marketing mind-set in me which was set by my marketing professor made me search the shelf in each shop. In the front of the shops were displayed the party pack of lays, which was sort of big. Then came all others. Well certainly Pepsico is growing up.

Then came those busy people in the street who were running, talking and walking. Some running to catch their bus. Some sort of running-walking to reach their destination in time. Some talking to others either directly or on phone. Some college people, walking happily in groups, talking about their stuffs in college. The street sellers- some sold perfume (akthar), shoes, watches, goggles and many. Many shops have displayed a discount percentage for some of their products which keep on changing as per time.

Then came my favourite section – the market. Starting from fruits to vegetables to groceries to utensils and everything needed for the kitchen was there. My most favourite part is when I get to see fresh vegetables put in the shops, the smell of fruits, groceries and all. They have the power to make me tempted to purchase them. People selling all these vegetables and fruits in a cart, keep on calling all the people who were passing by to buy something. Some will keep on saying loudly the prices of various vegetables. Some unloading the vegetables from the trucks, which would have been coming from Tamil Nadu.

Passing all these, came the General Hospital. Patients of all age groups lined in the ticket counter to get their OP ticket, people rushing from the medical stores nearby with the medicines needed for their dear ones in hospital, medical stores busy with people who need different medicines for their illness and so on. I used to get amused by the memory power of the pharmacist in the medical stores and hospitals. They know each and every name of the medicines, their purpose, side effects, alternatives and everything regarding that. Well saying about that I am a person with low memory power.

Then came the Cathedral, the Mammen Memorial Hall and finally The Malayala Manorama Co. Ltd, which was my destination. The security staff to whom I smile and talk every day, my friends there and other employees, all these people give me a sense of satisfaction, that I won’t ever get by spending my life inside the 4 fence of my college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment