Wednesday 27 May 2015

THE SMELLVERTISEMENT THAT FOOLED ME


Sitting here in my office, from the very first day, I used to get this smell of fish, chicken, vegetables, mutton, beef etc which was either fried or in curry form or in any edible form. Every single thing that was cooked in that nearby restaurant was known to me. When they mix masala to the onions, what masala they added, when they fry the fish and chicken, whether today they have beef fried or roast and everything was there transparent to me.

But this also made me hungry and I could feel water flowing in mouth each time I get these smell. Then my friends started to talk about this. None of us could hold ourselves. Well, none would. Finally we decided, we will go one day definitely and that will be the next day itself.

Like a dog, we followed the fish, chicken and all that was in the air and reached the restaurant. Well there was 2 restaurants. One exclusively for meals and another where you will get anything other than meals. We decided to go for the non-meals one.

Looked the menu and ordered a Hyderbadi biryani. The last time I had this was when I was in Technopark from the exclusive Hyderbadi food counter in Thejaswini – Baawarchi. (Thejaswini is a building in Technopark, Trivandrum). Wanted to again taste the authentic flavour. Waited for 10 minutes and I got my biryani, which did not have the typical Hyderbadi biryani smell. Yet, decided to have. Took the first spoon and disappointment rushed in me. Well this smellvertisement that this restaurant made use of, is only good to inhale.


Being a person who never go to a hotel, without getting the reviews from another, I visited one by just trusting on the flavoured smell that was in the air and that fooled me. Now I have find another good place to eat to get rid of this disappointment, which was the only thing I gained by the smellvertisement marketing technique of that restaurant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment